Monday, July 20, 2009

Typhoon #8 -Hong Kong






We had three days in Hong Kong where I met up with a fellow who might assist us in setting up a branch office to help manage our Asia media as well as development. We were there over a weekend so Em and I had time to explore. We went to the Ladies Market. Em discovered "purse heaven" and so did I because these purses were 1/10th the cost of purses in Europe or the US (think its real Gucci?). We walked the streets until we were worn out. While in the market we heard Michael Jackson, "You Are Not Alone", blaring. We turned to look and there was a sea of Asians staring at TV screen at an appliance store. We snapped a photo.

The next day we had lunch with friends at the peak of Hong Kong Island. That afternoon a Typhoon came ashore and our flight to London was touch and go. We ended up taking off in a Typhoon #8 (I am told the categories only go up to ten). One person told us not to worry if we see the plane's wings flapping like a bird as we take off. I was so proud of Em. If she can take off in a Typhoon then I think she can fly in just about any condition.

1 comment:

TMB said...

goodness, i am glad you had a safe flight. the "wings flapping like a bird" bit would have done me in!

love the translation signs too...those are a hoot!