Saturday, July 4, 2009

Beverly Hillbillies














We drove from Bakersfield to Los Angeles and stopped in Burbank to have lunch with a producer who has worked with us in the past http://www.philcooke.com/ We ate greasy hamburgers, corn dogs, and onion rings and talked about being a Christian in Hollywood as well as the future of Christian media. I thought the onion rings and corn dog were enough to assuage Emily's hunger pangs, but I was wrong. She was fixated on visiting a cup-cake joint called "Sprinkles" in Beverly Hills. Let me tell you....you have not lived until you have spent $4 on a cupcake. It was a bad recipe for me because lets just say that Versace on Rodeo Drive doesn't exactly welcome tourists to use their toilet after binging on trans fat and chocolate.- I dont know why I have not learned this lesson.

We caught up with the Mounts who live in Los Angeles now. We saw some star homes and followed that with a salad to get Em and I back on track. It was a good day. Em wants me to let everyone know that even though I got sick from Sprinkles she LOVED it!

Heading to Brisbane tonight. 14 hours on a plane! Woo Hoo


- By the way.... The house we snapped is Dr. Phil's house (or so the star map said that some dodgy guy sold us on Santa Monica Blvd)
- The view/overlook is Mulholland Drive overlooking the valley Burbank/Studio City

HAPPY 4th.

JDY/EBY

2 comments:

TMB said...

oh man, i want some sprinkles cupcakes!!

those look yummy!

and i'm laughing about josh's strong as steel tummy!! but at least it makes for insanely hilarious stories!!

safe travels...

Push Papers said...

Love keeping up with your travels...mmmm...cupcakes....