Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sydney, Australia





































Josh and I had a fabulous time in Sydney. The pictures above display a brief synopsis of our 10-day trip. When we first arrived in Sydney, it was late at night and I was only able to see bits and pieces of the Sydney Harbor. The next day, I awoke early and excitedly peeled back the curtains only to be stunned by what I saw (The first few pictures were taken at that very moment). We spent the next day at the Toronga Zoo learning about the different wildlife of Australia. We learned that the Wallaby is in the family of the Kangaroo, with the only difference being the size. We also learned that for many years it was taught that Koalas were lazy animals because it was believed that they got drunk off of fermented eucalyptus leaves (now they have found that it takes a longer period of time to digest the leaves which leaves the Koala in a constant state of lethargy ). The Zoo sits on a cliff that overlooks the harbor and the views are incredible... The next days were spent visiting and catching up with friends. Some days while Josh was in meetings I would take walks down to the harbor and peek my head into the various shops, bookstores and cafes. It is such a safe and clean city and all of the people are so friendly... The day before we left Josh took me to one of his favorite places in Sydney (now mine too), Watson's Bay. We spent the afternoon walking along the coastal pathways snapping pictures of the unbelievable landscape (we even spotted a whale off in the distance). It was so perfect and picturesque I had Josh re-propose to me... We ended the night walking through the South Heads National park. It was surreal to see the points where the military had carved out barracks and placed their cannons in order to protect the harbor of any unexpected attacks. After our hike up to the South Heads park , we ate at a historic beach front restaurant named Doyle's...Our time in Australia was such a blessing to both Josh and I. It was truly a spectacular trip and we are thankful for the experience. It truly is the most beautiful place I have ever seen.

Next stop.....Hong Kong

No comments: