Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sydney, Australia

This is Beng's wife, Lee Wan, and me at Milson's point near the Harbour Bridge
Lee Wan and her daughter Kim , part of the Leading the Way family

a view from Balmoral Beach

Me touring the cochlear building





We have been in Australia now for almost a week. I can always tell when I have been here for a while because I start slipping things like "a bit" and "quite" and "how ya goin" into my conversations. It is winter here and everywhere you look you see little kiddies with their UGG boots on. We spent the morning jogging along the Harbour path which has beautiful views of both the Opera house and the Harbour bridge. Just a quick update: I had a neat opportunity to visit the cochlear implant headquarters here in Sydney. The Vice President of Leading the Way Asia Pacific, Beng, has a son who works for the company and set up a tour inside the facilities. There is a lot of neat history about the company and its founder and I was very interested to see how the device came about. Check it out if you're interested www.cochlear.com/au .We just got back from a short trip up the coast to Maloolaba, near where Josh was born in Brisbane. Maloolaba is a little surfer town about an hour and a half plane ride north of Sydney. We had a great time meeting and sharing with friends involved with the ministry. I dont have a lot of pictures to share this time but I will catch up in the next few days.

2 comments:

Denise Bluster said...

I love the opera house in the background!! It seems so strange for it to be winter when it is so hot here! Looks like fun!!

April said...

love you em. thanks for the pics. it was great getting to skype tonight (well, morning to you!)