Monday, September 1, 2008

To the Wingfields!

This Labor-Day Emily and I spent the weekend with the Wingfield clan on Lake Chickamauga.

I knew it was going to be eventful when my first tubing experience ended with me rolling off my tube onto an island in the middle of the lake. I had flashbacks from Labor-Day 2003 and decided to bail when we got too close to the island...only to wind up sliding into a goose sanctuary.- I was pulling grass and leaves out of my hair for the rest of the day....

After years of perfecting the art of para-sailing Jacksons inaugural lift-off was a success. Mine was not so successful. In my first attempt a gust of wind came and blew the sail into a tree. The second attempt left me being jerked into the water as a result of the sail taking out a light-post.Overall, we had a blast hanging with the Wingfields and are planning our next trip to go up in the para-sail again. Enjoy the videos!

(video #1: Jackson Wingfield's successful lift-off)
(video #2: Josh's para-sailing attempt #1 "Joshie Meets Tree")
(video #3: Josh's para-sailing attempt #2 "Joshie Meets Pole")

P.S. as a concerned wife, some of the videos end abruptly

4 comments:

Jackson said...

Thanks for clearing the runway Josh. It was a little narrow. Next time is going to be so much easier.

Unknown said...

y'all are great sports. we love you lots and can't wait for you to get up in the air, joshie!!!!

Strib said...

i think the issue lies in the fact that they just couldnt drag your fat butt into the air. it is going to take more than just a parachute. any way to attach a fan to it so it really fills the bellows?

April said...

thanks for the laughs! that was amazing. to the wingfields!